Sunday, August 26, 2012

Will CW Take an Arrow to the Knee?

(Source)
2012 has been the year of Archery.

First, Katniss Everdeen burst onto the scene catching the world on fire and pissing off the establishment in The Hunger Games. Then Hawkeye kicked a bunch of alien ass in The Avengers.  Later in the summer, Merida stole our hearts in Brave.   Now, coming in October on The CW, there's a new arrow slinger on the block, The Arrow.  It's enough to make me want to take archery lessons.

The CW's new show, Arrow, isn't based on the Green Arrow, or is it? According to the CW, it's loosely based on the comic.  This just means that the characters share some similarities, like names, but the story lines will not necessarily run parallel with the comics. I guess they don't want to upset diehard fans if they change or completely ignore a few minor details. Don't look at me that way, fanboys, you know I'm telling the truth.  I know you.

They've really been pushing this series, and I guess I'm buying into the hype, because I'm really looking forward to watching.  The promos are slick, and they've got me reserving October 10 to sit down in front of my TV.  Yes, I'm one of those people who prefers to watch it when it airs rather than wait until it shows up online.  I'm old school that way.

Want to catch a glimpse of Arrow in action? Check out the trailer, and a couple of other clips over at The CW.

JP






No comments:

Post a Comment