Monday, August 6, 2012

Curiousity: Touchdown Confirmed.



A great achievement for NASA, Science and humanity.  Curiosity has landed on Mars.  It's not the first probe we've sent out there, but it's definitely one of the most advanced.  It's also the biggest!  It weighs about a ton, and it's equipped with HD photographic equipment.  It's already sent back photos to us.  It's been a successful mission already.

I didn't stay up to watch live, because I had work in the morning, and to be honest, watching a control room for hours on end is quite boring.  However, it's not difficult to find a video replay of the event.  This morning I watched some video of the scientists when touchdown was confirmed, the cheers were as great as an Olympic Gold Medal Celebration. You can follow the continued adventures of Curiousity at Nasa.gov.  I'm sure it will also continue making the news for the next few weeks. 


Congrats NASA.  I'm grateful my Facebook feed is now cluttered with hoorahs for Curiousity, and not political nonsense!

To Infinity and Beyond,

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment