Saturday, August 11, 2012

Apptastic: Radiant Defense

(Source)
I love my smartphone.  I love that there are a vast array of games available for the Android.  Some are really great, and some are, well, bad.  Today, I'm going to talk about one of the better ones I've had the pleasure of downloading, Radiant Defense by Hexage, Ltd.

It was a featured free app on the Google Play store, so, I figured "why not?"  Ok, it was also about 1AM, and I couldn't sleep, so the shiny pictures in the marketplace swayed me. It's is your standard Tower Defense style game with a dash of space fun.   I love tower defense style games, so downloading this was a no-brainer for me.  I absolutely love it. There's a paid version which unlocks a few more weapons so you'll be able to better deal with some of the enemies. I'm a huge fan of free, so I didn't get the paid app. It's also available for the iPhone, so all you apple users can get in on the fun too!

(Source)
You're a member of an intergalactic army, and your job is to place your weapons to protect the spiral.  I'm not 100% what that spiral is, but you have to prevent the alien invaders from getting to it.  There's a building phase, where you place modules to adjust the path of incoming enemies, you can add and upgrade weapons.  Next is the invasion.  Sometimes you get messages from commanders, before the battle, which is a little annoying, but usually it gives you tips about the enemy you're about to face. During the invasion, you can add and upgrade your weapons. I don't recommend selling weapons in this phase.


Graphically, this is probably one of the prettier game apps I've seen.  The colors are bright, cheerful, and kid friendly.  There's no blood, when the aliens "die" they explode into bubbles.

I'd probably pay for the full app, but like I said, I like free. This is a super fun diversion.  Give it to your kids when they're being annoying, and let 'em kill some aliens.  I totally recommend it.  I'm super addicted.


Wanna play?  iPhone users go here.   Androids go here.

Defending the Earth until bedtime.....

JP

No comments:

Post a Comment