Sunday, July 22, 2012

Taste Test: Bacon Cheddar Flavored Popcorn

(Source)
I'm slightly obsessed with bacon.  In fact, it's safe to assume if you put bacon on it, I'll probably try to eat it.  So, when I spied a box of J&D's Bacon Pop on the shelf, I couldn't help myself.  


I have had it sitting around for a few weeks, and I decided that today was the day.  I'm going to pop this stuff up.  So I tossed a bag in the microwave and waited.  It smelled like bacon, which was promising.  In my head I imagined the popcorn would come out fluffy and covered in a neon orange cheddar coating.  Instead, I was met with seemingly normal white puffy popcorn.  Color me disappointed.

Now, the flavor....the first bite...I liked it all right.  It was full of bacon flavor, with a slight hint of cheddar. Unfortunately, after I ate about 3-4 handfuls, I couldn't handle the taste anymore.  This usually happens to me with all microwave popcorn.  There is a bonus to this bacony treat, it doesn't have icky weird chemicals on it like most microwave brands. So, all in all, it's worth a shot if you like to freak out your friends with weird food. It would make fun game night fare.  As for me, I'll stick with my standard popcorn.  Canola oil, kernels, and a touch of salt.

If you dare, you can find this in any number of places.  I picked mine up at Cost Plus World Market, but it's also available online.


JP.

1 comment:

  1. I always see this at my local grocery store, and wonder how it is. I'm glad you reviewed it! :)

    ReplyDelete